- Marcellus, Skaneateles girls win, reach sectional final | 12 hours, 50 minutes ago
- Skaneateles BOE grants tenures, prepares for capital project vote | 1 day, 23 hours ago
- Skaneateles girls lacrosse handles General Brown | 2 days, 1 hour ago
- Whispering Winds Motel under new management | 2 days, 6 hours ago
- Budget passes, three elected to school board in Skaneateles | 2 days, 23 hours ago
- Skaneateles girls win B-1 sectional track title | 3 days, 2 hours ago
- Pickney helps Lakers take third at golf sectionals | 3 days, 3 hours ago
Skaneateles BOE grants tenures, prepares for capital project vote 1 day, 23 hours ago
Whispering Winds Motel under new management 2 days, 6 hours ago
St. James in Skaneateles holds Day of Community Service 4 days, 6 hours ago
Skaneateles BOE candidates meet public 1 week, 2 days ago
- Marcellus, Skaneateles girls win, reach sectional final
- Skaneateles girls lacrosse handles General Brown
- Skaneateles girls win B-1 sectional track title
- Pickney helps Lakers take third at golf sectionals
- Crunch sweeps Springfield, reaches conference final
Lifestyle and Entertainment
- St. James in Skaneateles holds Day of Community Service
- Skaneateles hosts NYSSMA with joy
- Eagle editors lauded
- Protecting the lake
- First Friday in Skaneateles returns May 3
Letters to the Editor
- Letters to the editor on the BOE election
- Fire siren is an annoyance
- HLPC still important to village
- Gun control reform is needed now
- Village needs to re-think electric rates
- Former Skaneateles car dealer Pat Bombard in custody
- Former Skaneateles football player investigated for rap song
- Village water tower vandalized
- School district looks to building security and student safety
- Lock your cars: break-ins on the rise in surrounding areas
- Whispering Winds Motel under new management
- Investment advisory firm Genesee Capital Advisors opens in Skaneateles
- Well Balanced Fitness
- Planning board to hear update from Victory Sports
- Authors, farmers, entrepreneurs ‘The Fabulous Beekman Boys’ eager to visit Cazenovia
Prior to the results of the budget and board election results being confirmed, the Skaneateles Board of Education held a regular meeting at the library in Waterman Elementary School on May 21. They granted tenure to five staff members, talked about the upcoming capital project vote and approved a new hire.
Whispering Winds Motel, located at 4221 E. Genesee St. in Sennett about one mile from the village of Skaneateles, was sold this May for a price of $305,000.
The Skaneateles Central School District held a public vote for its budget proposition, bus purchase proposition and election of three school board members on Tuesday, May 21.
On May 19, the day of Pentecost, St. James Episcopal church in Skaneateles church held only one mass, an abbreviated 9 a.m. service, and then sent out more than 100 people clad in matching red T-shirts to participate in various community service projects.
Passes resolution opposing a boulevard redesign of the interstate
Though it doesn’t pass through Skaneateles a redesign of Interstate 81’s passage through Syracuse could potentially affect the community negatively. The Skaneateles Town Board passed a resolution at its May 16 meeting providing its official position on the future of Interstate 81 in the city of Syracuse.
Lauren Germain stands in the center of a room filled with members of American Association of University Women who gathered at Skaneateles Country Club on May 4 to hear her discuss a serious problem that is plaguing American universities: gender violence on campus.
About 30 people came to hear the five candidates for Board of Education talk about themselves and answer questions on Wednesday, May 15.
Letter to the editor about the school board election and budget vote from the May 15 edition.
Genesee Capital Advisors, a new independent investment advisory firm located at 9 East Genesee St. in Skaneateles, opened on May 10. The firm provides a wide array of wealth management services, including discretionary investment management and fiduciary services for foundations, endowments, individuals and families.
Skaneateles High School alum Sean Cooper came back to his roots for some help with what turned out to be an award-winning project at Rochester Institute of Technology this spring.
The Skaneateles High School guidance office was full of lacrosse players on Friday afternoon to celebrate the commitment of senior midfielder Emma Ford to play lacrosse at Harvard.
The village of Skaneateles is moving closer to a resolution on the contentious issue of the future of its fire siren. Though no plans have been finalized, the fire siren in the village of Skaneateles will likely be put up “in some semblance,” once details and logistics have been worked out, mayor Marty Hubbard said.
Skaneateles High School teams came out on top when students from school districts in four counties gathered at Rogers Conservation Center in Sherburne, N.Y., for the annual Central New York Regional Envirothon.
For the third year in a row, Skaneateles hosted the New York State School Music Association Major Ensembles Festival. Groups ranged in size from 12 to 108; districts small (Southern Cayuga) and large (Liverpool) attended. In total, 30 different music groups performed.